10/18/2004

Song of the Week- Homesick- by Mercy Me

Your in a better place I've heard a thousand times,
and at least a thousand times i've rejoiced for you,
but the reason why I'm broken the reason why I cry
is how long must I wait to be with you.

I close my eyes and I see your face
if home 's where my heart is then I'm out of place
Lord won't you give me strength to make it through some how,
I've never been more homesick than now.

Help me Lord cause I don't understand your ways,
the reason why I wonder if I'll ever know
but even if you showed me the hurt would be the same cause I'm still here so far away from home.

I close my eyes and I see your face,
if home wheres my heart is then I'm out of place,
Lord won't you give me strength to make it through some how,
I've never been more homesick than now.

In Christ there are no goodbyes,
in Christ there is no end,
so I'll hold on to Jesus with all that I have to see you again
to see you again,
and I close my eyes and I see your face,
if home's where my heart is then I'm out of place,
Lord won't you give me strengh to make it through some how,
won't you give me strength to make it through some how,
won't you give me strength to make it through some how,
I've never been more homesick than now.

No comments: