12/14/2004

How long must this continue on?

The story of my life is as such: returned from DTS at the end of May 2004 and I was excited to see some old friends. However in June the disease began. The disease of death that is. It first began with my great aunt's funeral, she was old and it was her time to go. At her funeral my cousin Kyle was a pallbearer. He was the youngest one with the other guys. one being my dad. I thought as I saw them carring the casket that Kyle for sure would be the last one to be taken because he was so young compared to the others. However about three weeks later Kyle was taken home. Then while at his funeral I saw his girlfriend being comforted by her oldest sister. Next thing I know I am attending his girfriend's sister and brother -in- law funeral. Now I did not see Nick Trunnell at the previous funeral so my creepy thing was broken i guess you could say, but still the 5th person within the last 6 months!?!?! And the crazy thing is that in the last 4 years 7 people have died that are affiliated with Walnut Ridge, my highschool. Death is such a reality to me that going to all of these funerals has almost become a routine for me. I just want to know if we will ever get a break from this continuous dying. I know that we will eventually someday but for the current time how long must we continue to regularly go to funerals of loved ones? God is very distant at times like these. Many turn and run the other way. But what are they running to? They find nothing. The only place you can find hope, peace, comfort, and truth is through Christ Jesus. Everything else is meaningless and will leave you in a search forever.

No comments: