I have SOOO many things going through my mind right now I don't know where to begin..........Well how bout I start with the awesome news of Tisha and Chris finally getting engaged! lol Oh and Congrats to my cousin Luke who also got engaged this last week!! I swear like 6 couples have gotten engaged in the last month! Makes me wonder what's in the water? No not really, it's just that time.
Hmm... next thought-it is BUTT COLD outside! I highly despise cold weather with a PASSION! I would rather have it humid and a 100 degrees!!! :) Speaking of cold our basement is freezing!!!!
Now that I have whined and complained about the weather I hope to share with you what I learned today. Do you ever feel like there are days when you really do not want to read the Word and study it? I think all of us have days like that even though we truely do desire to get into it we just don't feel motivated. Motivation to read the Word and spend time with God obviously is initiated (sp)by the Holy Spirit, but you still have the responsiblity of responding to the Spirit. One thing that I have learned is don't read the Bible out of obligation. It won't be interesting and you may get frustrated because your reading the surface of God's Word therefore you may not get much out of it. Lazy attitudes contribute to our unmotivated set of mind.
Rather read the Bible because it reveals or unpacks our Savior who came to give us salvation. In other words you don't read the Bible to pass a test or quiz but you read it because it brings joy to your soul because it contains the whole shabang of your soul being saved from eternal death. I guess I could also say that reading the Bible is like reading God's journal/diary where he reveals who he really is, which is just one way he reveals Himself to us.
Then yesterday I came across the passage Hebrews 12:3-11 of which I encourage you to read and meditate. It discusses our Father's fatherly role in our lives. Just like toddlers we make mistakes and have to be "spanked" in order to help prevent making the same mistakes again, and just like toddlers it hurts when we get a love tap on the bum. But that is what we must remember that God disciplines us out of His love for us. He doesn't discipline us so he can smile grimly and say "Ha Ha Ha!" Our Daddy wants to protect us and give us the best life possible of which He has already planned out wayyyyyy far inadvance. Ok I could write more but I think this is getting alittle long, so I will continue later. Just remember "God is not boring, He created the whole universe!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment